AI Research ScientistsPrague, Czech Republic (remote work possible)
GoodAI is looking for Research Scientists to join its international R&D team.
Our mission: develop general artificial intelligence – as fast as possible – to help humanity and understand the universe.
At GoodAI, we are focusing on a long term goal of building general artificial intelligence, an algorithm that can learn, be creative, and adapt to the environment in the way a human does, and achieve goals defined by human mentors.
The guiding principles of our AI research revolve around an AI which can accumulate skills gradually and in a self-improving manner (where each new skill can be reused and improved in the accumulation of further skills). Each new skill works like a heuristic that helps to guide and narrow the search for problem solutions. We described the guiding principles of our research in our Framework document.
All this effort led to Badger architecture, which is a set of design principles and a learning protocol. Badger is a novel memory-based multi-agent meta-learning architecture and learning procedure that allows for learning of a shared communication policy that enables the emergence of rapid adaptation to new and unseen environments by learning to learn learning algorithms through communication. Behavior, adaptation, and learning to adapt emerge from the interactions of homogenous experts inside a single agent. The proposed architecture should allow for generalization beyond the level seen in existing methods, in part due to the use of a single policy shared by all experts within the agent as well as the inherent modularity of ‘Badger’.
We are actively involved with the scientific community through our Meta-Learning and Multi-Agent Learning Workshop and the GoodAI Grants initiative. Check these out on our website for a better insight into our research.
GoodAI research and development company was founded in January 2014 with CEO/CTO Marek Rosa’s personal funding. Our international team of 15 interdisciplinary researchers is based in Prague, Czech Republic.
To learn more, visit our web page: www.GoodAI.com
- Work on the Badger architecture
- Propose, discuss, test and implement ideas
- Invent, study, map, and test research directions and hypotheses
- Working on GoodAI roadmap milestones as part of the core R&D team
- Optimizing and scaling up
- Experimenting and fine-tuning
- Studying AI, robotics and neuroscience literature
- Understanding and experience with various AI and Machine Learning algorithms and methods, such as artificial neural networks, multi-agent learning, deep learning, and others, is a strong plus. However, a creative and analytical mind is the most important thing to have.
- Experience developing and testing ideas
- Responsibility, strong organizational and time management skills
- Friendly, curious, creative personality
- Very good communication skills – in English (working in an international team)
Considered a plus
- Strongly preferred: experience with meta-learning, procedurally generated learning environments, learned communication between internal agents, lifelong learning and connected topics
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, AI, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or other relevant scientific field
- Experience with advanced evolutionary optimization techniques
- Skilled and experienced programmer
- Background in neuroscience or psychology
- Results-oriented: we measure ourselves only by our results
- No limits: we can achieve anything; we are pushing our limits in technology and art
- Integrity: we have the courage to do the right thing, regardless of the consequences and the inconvenience
- Extreme ownership: It does not matter if you are a leader or an individual contributor. Every team member accepts accountability and equal responsibility for our collaborative effort.
- Excellence in execution: Our teams aim for excellence in everything we do – we get what we tolerate
- Simplicity in design: less is better; avoid feature creep; simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
- Teamwork: we treat our colleagues with respect, supporting each other throughout to ensure we maximize the value for everyone while creating an atmosphere of trust
- Great team!
- Effective development & processes not delayed by bureaucracy
- Work on the most exciting scientific challenge: general artificial intelligence
- Ability to present your work at major AI conferences
- Healthy work-life balance and five weeks of paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days (we trust our people)
- Remote collaboration is the norm – take home office anytime you want or work from another country
- Relocation package
- Competitive compensation and a generous bonus model
- Stock options
- Comfortable working environment – Oranzerie
- Team socialization – games, parties, outdoor activities, trips. Bring your family members!
- Talent development and long career rewards – one day every few weeks dedicated just for study.
- Company-paid online and offline education courses, books and magazines, participation at industry conferences and workshops
- Studio cafeteria with free coffee and healthy fruit days
Possible start: Immediately
Location: locally in Prague, Czech Republic, or remote from wherever you live