AI Research ScientistsPrague, Czech Republic (remote work possible)
GoodAI is looking for Research Scientists to join its international R&D team.
Our mission: develop general artificial intelligence – as fast as possible – to help humanity and understand the universe.
At GoodAI, we are focusing on a long term goal of building general artificial intelligence, an algorithm that can learn, be creative, and adapt to the environment in the way a human does, and achieve goals defined by human mentors.
The guiding principles of our AI research revolve around an AI which can accumulate skills gradually and in a self-improving manner (where each new skill can be reused and improved in the accumulation of further skills). Each new skill works like a heuristic that helps to guide and narrow the search for problem solutions. We described the guiding principles of our research in our Framework document.
All this effort led to Badger architecture, which is a set of design principles and a learning protocol. Badger is a novel memory-based multi-agent meta-learning architecture and learning procedure that allows for learning of a shared communication policy that enables the emergence of rapid adaptation to new and unseen environments by learning to learn learning algorithms through communication. Behavior, adaptation, and learning to adapt emerge from the interactions of homogenous experts inside a single agent. The proposed architecture should allow for generalization beyond the level seen in existing methods, in part due to the use of a single policy shared by all experts within the agent as well as the inherent modularity of ‘Badger’.
GoodAI research and development company was founded in January 2014 with CEO/CTO Marek Rosa’s personal funding. Our international team of 15 interdisciplinary researchers is based in Prague, Czech Republic.
To learn more, visit our web page: www.GoodAI.com
- Work on the Badger architecture
- Propose, discuss, test and implement ideas
- Invent, study, map, and test research directions and hypotheses
- Working on GoodAI roadmap milestones as part of the core R&D team
- Optimizing and scaling up
- Experimenting and fine-tuning
- Studying AI, robotics and neuroscience literature
- Understanding and experience with various AI and Machine Learning algorithms and methods, such as artificial neural networks, deep learning, reinforcement learning and others, is a strong plus. However, a creative and analytical mind is the most important thing to have.
- Experience developing and testing ideas
- Responsibility, strong organizational and time management skills
- Friendly, curious, creative personality
- Very good communication skills – in English (working in an international team)
Considered a plus
- Strongly preferred: experience with meta-learning, generated environments, multi-agent reinforcement learning (MARL), learned communication, emergent language, and connected topics
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, AI, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or other relevant scientific field
- Experience with advanced evolutionary optimization techniques
- Skilled and experienced programmer
- Background in neuroscience or psychology
- Great team!
- Work on the most exciting scientific challenge: general artificial intelligence
- Work on AI Roadmap Institute
- Generous compensation
- Stock options
- Ability to present your work at major AI conferences
- Friendly working environment of an international team
- Effective development & processes not delayed by bureaucracy
- High-tech hardware
- Modern, comfortable, spacious office
Possible start: Immediately
Location: locally in Prague, Czech Republic, or remote from wherever you live