QA TesterLocation: Prague, Czech Republic (remote work possible)
Do you have a passion for PC games? Do you have an interest in AI?? Do you like challenges? Then join our GoodAI team, sister company of Keen Software House who has developed Space Engineers, a successful sandbox game that has been sold to over 4 million copies around the world!
You will have an opportunity to work on a novel game revolving around AI.
The ideal candidate can self-manage, is proactive, very creative and has a high attention to detail. The position will require a calm, composed individual to be meticulous in their continuous testing of all aspects of gameplay, which will often require multiple retests of the same sections/features in search of possible bugs.
- Play through the incomplete versions of game
- Focus on natural playthroughs and help designers review new features
- Follow and execute the test plans provided to ensure adequate coverage is given to each section of the game, and then follow the test plan methodically
- Report discovered bugs and manage the bug database
- Provide assistance to the Production team on various tasks as needed
- Take part in team-wide meetings and discussions
- Work closely with other developers, QA engineers, game designers and artists.
- Proactively help to clarify requirements when needed
- Share your knowledge with the rest of the team
- At least 1 year of previous experience in game testing
- Excellent communication skills to accurately describe the bugs
- Excellent deductive skills to determine the steps to reproduce the bugs
- Good knowledge of, and strong interest in, computers and video games
- An understanding of the software development life cycle and how testing applies
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Ability to learn – you learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and look to understand things in an in-depth way
- Drive – you’re energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done, and done well. You are motivated by getting results and always aim for excellence in what you do
- Communicative level of English – you will be part of an international team since our colleagues are from all over the world
- Friendly personality, respectful approach
Considered a plus
- Experience logging defects in bug tracking systems such as Trello, Jira, or Confluence
- Experience identifying gaps in test coverage
- Experience with remote work in a distributed team
- Results-oriented: we measure ourselves only by our results
- No limits: we can achieve anything; we are pushing our limits in technology and art
- Integrity: we have the courage to do the right thing, regardless of the consequences and the inconvenience
- Extreme ownership: It does not matter if you are a leader or an individual contributor. Every team member accepts accountability and equal responsibility for our collaborative effort.
- Excellence in execution: Our teams aim for excellence in everything we do – we get what we tolerate
- Simplicity in design: less is better; avoid feature creep; simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
- Teamwork: we treat our colleagues with respect, supporting each other throughout to ensure we maximize the value for everyone while creating an atmosphere of trust
- Great team!
- Effective development & processes not delayed by bureaucracy
- Work on a product with an ambition for being novel
- Opportunity to make a significant impact
- Healthy work-life balance and five weeks of paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days (we trust our people)
- Unique working environment – Oranzerie
- Remote collaboration is the norm – take home office anytime you want or work from another country
- Relocation package
- Competitive compensation and a generous bonus model
- Stock options
- Team socialization – games, parties, outdoor activities, trips. Bring your family members!
- Talent development and long career rewards – time dedicated for study.
- Company-paid online and offline education courses, books and magazines, participation at industry conferences and workshops
- Studio cafeteria with free coffee and healthy fruit days
- Regular company lunches and outside grills
Possible start: Immediately or upon discussion
Location: Prague, Czech Republic (remote work possible)