Unity / AI DeveloperLocation: Prague, Czech Republic (remote work possible)
Do you have a passion for PC games? Are you skilled in Unity and C#? Do you have a background in AI or interest in the field? Do you like challenges? Then join our GoodAI team! GoodAI is the sister company of Keen Software House who has developed Space Engineers, the successful sandbox game that has sold over 4 million copies around the world! You will have an opportunity to work on a novel game revolving around AI. Your work will range from concept creation through to implementation, testing and deployment.
- Implement new game features (including, but not limited to, AI-related ones).
- Work on AI, game logic, controls, UI, procedural generation and more.
- Perform code reviews, write documentation.
- Present solutions.
- Take part in team-wide meetings and discussions.
- Work closely with other developers, QA engineers, game designers and artists.
- Proactively help to clarify requirements when needed.
- Share your knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Excellent programming skills (C#), including writing clean, well-documented and testable code.
- At least one commercially released 3D game title created in Unity.
- Experience collaborating with other developers in an Agile environment: communication, version control, and issue tracking.
- Ability to learn – you learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and look to understand things in an in-depth way
- Passion for games.
- Background or professional interest (coupled with good knowledge) in any sub-field of AI.
- Drive – you’re energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done, and done well. You are motivated by getting results and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Communicative level of English – you will be part of an international team since our colleagues are from all over the world.
- Friendly personality, respectful approach.
Considered a plus
- University degree in a related field (Computer Science, AI, Robotics, etc..).
- Experience with remote work in a distributed team.
- Results-oriented: we measure ourselves only by our results
- No limits: we can achieve anything; we are pushing our limits in technology and art
- Integrity: we have the courage to do the right thing, regardless of the consequences and the inconvenience
- Extreme ownership: It does not matter if you are a leader or an individual contributor. Every team member accepts accountability and equal responsibility for our collaborative effort.
- Excellence in execution: Our teams aim for excellence in everything we do – we get what we tolerate
- Simplicity in design: less is better; avoid feature creep; simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
- Teamwork: we treat our colleagues with respect, supporting each other throughout to ensure we maximize the value for everyone while creating an atmosphere of trust
- Great team!
- Effective development & processes not delayed by bureaucracy
- Work on a product with an ambition for being novel
- Opportunity to make a significant impact
- Healthy work-life balance and five weeks of paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days (we trust our people)
- Unique working environment – Oranzerie
- Remote collaboration is the norm – take home office anytime you want or work from another country
- Relocation package
- Competitive compensation and a generous bonus model
- Stock options
- Team socialization – games, parties, outdoor activities, trips. Bring your family members!
- Talent development and long career rewards – time dedicated for study.
- Company-paid online and offline education courses, books and magazines, participation at industry conferences and workshops
- Studio cafeteria with free coffee and healthy fruit days
- Regular company lunches and outside grills
Possible start: Immediately or upon discussion
Location: Prague, Czech Republic (remote work possible)