- The AI Grant Organiser is GoodAI Research s.r.o., a limited liability company registered in Commercial Register in Prague, Part C 268943, registered office at Karolinská 654/2, Karlín, 186 00 Prague, IČ: 01886975, DIC: 01886975. The contact person issues related to organization and administration is Will Millership, emali: email@example.com.
- AI Grants are addressed to a wide community of research scientists, programmers and AI enthusiasts. The Applicants shall be at least of the age of majority in their state or province of residence, if there is no such age, at least 18 years old. Application is open to individuals and groups of individuals based in any country. Applicants can be independent researchers or be affiliated to universities, non-profits, or businesses. However, successful applicants will have to sign a contract ensuring that the work on the project, and accepting the grant, is not in any conflict with their legal obligations to any third party.
- The purpose of AI Grants is to advance the research of GoodAI’s Badger Architecture. The exact aims can be found on the GoodAI website www.goodai.com.
- Applicants will apply through the GoodAI website. With a proposal which fulfills all of the points outlined on the GoodAI website. Members of GoodAI may contact the applicant for more information or set up an interview with the applicants.
- There is no deadline for the grant applications, this is an open call. However, GoodAI expects a month to review any applications.
- By registering, the Applicant gives their consent (to the Organizer and to any person appointed by the Organizer) to the processing of all data including personal data provided by the Applicant, for the purposes of AI Grants administration and the publication of the identification of grant receivers and the related marketing presentations.
Funding & legal obligations
- The expected duration of the projects is between 12 and 24 months. Grant funding will be paid in installments. Every six months the participants will have to provide a report on their work in order to receive the next installment.
- The report must demonstrate that the project progresses and that the project continues to be consistent with the original proposal or updates approved by GoodAI.
- GoodAI reserves the right to withhold installment payments if the report shows the work is straying from the agreed-upon direction.
- Any diversion from the original proposal must be approved by a representative of GoodAI before being worked on.
- The grant money may not be used for any other purposes than the approved research project. The grant funds may not be used to reimburse expenses incurred prior to the start date of the approved project. Any funds that were used in breach with this agreement must be returned to GoodAI .
- Successful Applicants confirm and agree with the responsibility for any risks related to the provision of information contained in their work, in particular relating to “Intellectual Property” and confidentiality. Successful Applicants confirm that their proposed ideas and work are original and they are not encumbered by the rights of third parties material or immaterial nature. Successful Applicants must confirm that the Organiser has an automatic non-exclusive sharing agreement to project outputs.
- “Intellectual Property” means all technology and intellectual property, regardless of form, including without limitation: published and unpublished works of authorship, including without limitation audiovisual works, collective works, computer programs, compilations, databases, derivative works, literary works, maskworks, and sound recordings (“Works of Authorship”); inventions and discoveries, including without limitation articles of manufacture, business methods, compositions of matter, improvements, machines, methods, and processes and new uses for any of the preceding items (“Inventions”); words, names, symbols, devices, designs, and other designations, and combinations of the preceding items, used to identify or distinguish a business, good, group, product, or service or to indicate a form of certification, including without limitation logos, product designs, and product features (“Trademarks”); and information that is not generally known or readily ascertainable through proper means, whether tangible or intangible, including without limitation algorithms, customer lists, ideas, designs, formulas, know-how, methods, processes, programs, prototypes, systems, and techniques (“Confidential Information”)
- The AI Grants are governed by the applicable laws of the Czech Republic, in particular, the provisions relating to public competition pursuant to Act No. 89/2012 Coll., of the civil code, as amended.
- The Organizer reserves the right of final decision in all matters relating to the organization of the AI Grants, including its interruption, cancellation or withdrawal made in accordance with the applicable legislation.
- GoodAI and the grant receivers may publicly disclose information about the award of this grant, including the other Party’s name, the total amount awarded, and a description of the Project, provided that a Party obtains prior written approval before using the other Party’s name for promotional purposes or logo for any purpose.