GoodAI has teamed up with 7 other academic and industrial institutions across Europe for the “Intelligent Verification for Extended Reality” (iv4XR) project that was awarded over €3.5 million by the EU Horizon 2020.
The iv4XR project aims to incorporate AI with automated testing for software such as games and detailed simulations. To test software GoodAI is using Space Engineers, the flagship product of sister company Keen Software House, as a case study in order to develop agents that can execute tests.
The overall objective of the project is to enable developers to test their products automatically and beyond simple unit testing with the help of AI agents. Developers would make use of the iv4XR framework to define the agents. We are developing the testing interface, and along with the other partners, will use some established, as well as some novel AI techniques to create agents that will perform functional tests on the Space Engineers environment as a proof of concept.
- University of Utrecht (Netherlands)
- Fondazione Bruno Kessler (Italy)
- The Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores – Investigação e Desenvolvimento (Portugal)
- Universitat Politècnica de València (Spain)
- Gameware Europe Ltd. (UK)
- Thales SIX GTS France SAS (France)
- Thales AVS France SAS (France)
You can keep up to date with the project on Twitter, Facebook, and GitHub.